Data Analytics Intern (O6)
Data Analytics Intern – Job Description
De Entree 33, 1101 BH Amsterdam, The Netherlands
About the company
TIP is one of Europe and Canada’s leading equipment service providers. We specialize in trailer and truck leasing, rental, maintenance, and repair, as well as other value-added services, and provide these to transportation and logistics customers across all our markets. Headquartered in Amsterdam, we service our customers from 129 locations spread over 18 countries in Europe, and Canada.
With approximately 108,000 units in our fleet, TIP is considered an industry leader, with one of the largest and most diverse trailer and truck fleets in Europe and Canada. In addition to maintaining our own fleet, we also provide maintenance and repair, together with other value-added services, for approximately 55,000 equivalent units belonging to our customers.
Will you be our next TIP colleague?
Are you looking for a challenging workplace where you can work with professional and energetic colleagues? Who are passionate about what they do, and who are committed to deliver excellence every day? All in a work environment where safety and wellbeing in the workplace is our primary care, team spirit is fostered, and integrity is at the core of our business. With operations throughout Europe and Canada we provide many opportunities for your professional growth!
This role will support TIP’s Data and Analytics team, working within one of our agile squads, this role will be exposed to a broad range of Data Analytics, Engineering and Analytics initiatives while supporting internal and external data customers.
Your activities will consist of:
- Developing engaging dashboards, reports and visuals using PowerBI for internal and external stakeholders
- Developing ETL pipelines, using stored procedures, DAG’s, and scripts.
- Collaborating with your squad to help design and implement core data models for your squad’s business domain
- Working with the data architect and data engineers to enhance deployment and certification pipelines
- Supporting the product team with ad-hoc analysis to identify opportunities for new data-products
- Experimentation with ML, Statistical or operations research models combing telematics, operational and financial data
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Currently pursuing a degree in BSc/MSc in Computer Science, applied mathematics, data science, statistics, analytics, or related discipline
- Academic, personal, or professional experience with Python, SQL, and PowerBI
- Solid understanding of data management and data structures
- Solid grasp of spoken and written English
- Only applicants with legal authorization to work in the European Union, either studying at a university in the Netherlands or EU/EEA residency will be considered
You will be a great fit if you:
- Are passionate about data, and eager to implement techniques from your degree in a production environment
- Are proactive and naturally take ownership of tasks, able to handle projects independently
- Comfortable engaging directly with business stakeholders to clarify requirements, and suggest improvements to existing ways of working
- Have some familiarity with the Azure suite of products including Synapse Analytics, Azure Functions, PowerBI, DevOps
TIP is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce, encouraging applications from all qualified individuals.
Hiring is subject to a satisfactory reference check.